The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring both this historic city and the area's beautiful coastline.
Uncover Naples and the Amalfi Coast's fascinating history, discover the ruins of Pompeii or swim below Capri's limestone cliffs: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Naples and the Amalfi Coast with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Naples and the Amalfi Coast:
- Over 25 colour maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map of Naples, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Naples and the Amalfi Coast, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations show the inside of Naples's Duomo, Palazzo Reale and more, while area plans of Herculaneum and Pompeii show the extent of these ancient settlements
- Colour photographs of Naples's historic sights and fascinating museums, and of the Amalfi Coast's stunning coastline, pretty towns and beautiful beaches
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Naples and beyond, including: Toledo and Castel Nuovo; Spaccanapoli; Decumano Maggiore; Capodimonte and I Vergini; Vomero; Castel dell'Ovo and Chiaia; Posillipo; Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast, and more
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about both the city and the area's ancient history, fascinating architecture, writers and artists, local festivals, traditional food and drink, shops and markets, and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus how to get around, useful phrases, and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Naples and the Amalfi Coast is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Naples and the Amalfi Coast.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Planning to explore beyond Naples and the Amalfi Coast? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Italy.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.
Experience the world with DK Travel.
DK Travel's highly visual guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips and tours to inform and enrich your trip.
Our travel writers report on what to see, eat, drink and do around the world, while the very best photographs and illustrations bring cities, regions and countries to life. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations around the world, from handy pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides.
DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.