The Sleep Solution: Why Your Sleep Is Broken and How to Fix It
Why Your Sleep is Broken and How to Fix It
With cutting-edge sleep science and time-tested techniques, The Sleep Solution will help anyone achieve healthy sleep and eliminate pills, pain, and fatigue.
If you want to fix your sleep problems, Internet tips and tricks aren't going to do it for you. You need to really understand what's going on with your sleep-both what your problems are and how to solve them.
The Sleep Solution is an exciting journey of sleep self-discovery and understanding that will help you custom design specific interventions to fit your lifestyle. Drawing on his twenty-four years of experience within the field, neurologist and sleep expert W. Chris Winter will help you…
• Understand how sleep works and the ways in which food, light, and other activities act to help or hurt the process
• Learn why sleeping pills are so often misunderstood and used incorrectly-and how you can achieve your best sleep without them
• Incorporate sleep and napping into your life-whether you are a shift worker, student, or overcommitted parent
• Think outside the box to better understand ways to treat a multitude of
conditions-from insomnia to sleep apnea to restless leg syndrome and circadian sleep disorders
• Wade through the ever-changing sea of sleep technology and understand its value as it relates to your own sleep struggles
Dubbed the "Sleep Whisperer" by Arianna Huffington, Dr. Winter is an international expert on sleep and has helped more than 10,000 patients rest better at night, including countless professional athletes. Now, he's bringing his experiences out from under the covers-redefining what it means to have optimal sleep and get the ZZZs you really need...
INCLUDES TIPS, TRICKS, EXERCISES, AND ILLUSTRATIONS
Dr. Winter is a board-certified and internationally recognized sleep medicine specialist, as well as a board certified neurologist. His unique way of explaining sleep has made him a highly sought after speaker and consultant for professional sports organizations with clients including the San Francisco Giants, the New York Rangers, and the Oklahoma City Thunder. He also regularly consults with United States military groups as well as business and large corporations. In addition to his consultative activities, Dr. Winter has a large media presence. Since 2008, Dr. Winter has served as the
Men’s Health magazine Sleep Advisor. He regularly blogs for The Huffington Post, and has written or contributed material to a wide variety of print outlets including
Details. He has made many television appearances, including on Fox News, and has been heard on radio programs from New Orleans, to London, to South Korea.